Five more brownfield investigation projects have received funding from the British Columbia (B.C.) government.
The province is spending $588,000 on the projects through its Brownfield Renewal Funding Program. The program is part of the B.C. Brownfield Renewal Strategy.
The program supports the initial investigative work required to possibly remediate the sites. The projects include:
- Roundhouse Properties in Victoria West
- Plywood Mill in the City of Port Alberni
- Industrial Harbour in the Town of Ladysmith
- Landfill in Fernie Land Holdings
- Industrial (Port) in the City of New Westminster.
"The five sites have the potential to be revitalized from an abandoned, derelict state to be catalysts for urban redevelopment, job creation and neighborhood revitalization," said Steve Thomson, B.C. Agriculture and Lands Minister.
This news item first appeared in our affiliate EcoLog online environmental news service. (11/4/2009 9:05:00 AM) To learn more, visit www.ecolog.com