The Climate Change and Emissions Management Fund is now inviting Expressions of Interest for innovative projects that will reduce or avoid greenhouse gas emissions, or enhance carbon sequestration, through the use of biological organisms such as plants, animals or microbes.
This EOI is open to the public, but projects must meet the outlined qualifications.
The scope of this EOI includes projects that:
- Discover, develop and/or deploy transformative practice change in the forestry, agriculture, municipal waste handling and/or energy sectors,
- Develop or modify bio-processes,
- Replace non-bio-based feedstocks with bio-based feedstocks,
- Develop and manufacture novel bio-products,
- Use biological organisms or bio-based materials to reduce emissions in non-biological industrial systems.
For more information, please click here.