The Steel Tank Institute (STI) and the Steel Plate Fabricators Association (SPFA) has announced the Steel Tank and Fabricated Product of the Year awards for 2013.
Judges selected winners from 40 entries among STI/SPFA members based on promotional value, product uniqueness, design and visual appeal.
Field-Erected Tank of the Year, seven awards: Field-erected tanks are used to store potable water, petroleum and chemical products, and similar uses. New for 2013, STI/SPFA added categories for field erected tanks built to API 620 and ASME Pressure Vessel standards.
- Elevated tank: CBI Services, Inc., New Castle DE
- Reservoir tank: Paso Robles Tank, Paso Robles CA
- Special storage tank: Paso Robles Tank, Paso Robles CA
- Standpipe: Fisher Tank Company, Chester PA
- API 620 low pressure liquid storage tank: Fisher Tank Company, Chester PA
- API 650 atmospheric oil storage tank: CBI Services, Inc., Everett WA
- ASME pressure vessel storage: CB&I, Inc., Plainfield IL
Fabricated Product of the Year, three awards: Shop fabricated tanks are manufactured for many uses, including high pressure, petroleum, chemical, agricultural, and similar liquid storage.
- Pressure vessel: Eaton Metal Products, Denver CO
- Shop fabricated tank: Hamilton Tanks, LLC, Columbus OH
- Special fabrication: Paso Robles Tank, Paso Robles CA
Steel Water Pipe and Pipeline Project, three awards: Steel water pipe and pipelines are used in potable water systems throughout the nation. A new award was added this year to recognize the vital role member supply and service companies play in steel water pipe projects.
- Steel pipe fabrication: MidAmerica Pipe Fabricating & Supply, Scammon KS
- Steel pipeline project: Ameron International, Rancho Cucamonga CA
- Pipe supply/service project: National Welding Corp., Midvale UT
Affiliate Product of the Year: Affiliate members of STI/SPFA are providers of supplies and services to the steel fabrication industry.
- Affiliate new product of the year: The Sherwin-Williams Co., Indianapolis, IN