The June 1st submission date deadline for the first MOE Toxic Substance Reduction Reports for Phase II facilities is fast approaching.
Please note that this training is primarily for Phase II facilities who did not attend the sessions in 2011. However, if you are a Phase I facility and would like to attend these sessions as a refresher, you are welcome to attend.
The Ontario Ministry of Environment is pleased to offer seven technical assistance sessions on Toxic Substance Accounting and Reporting:
- Guelph – February 12, 9am to 4:30 pm (sign-in begins at 8:30am)
- Toronto – February 14, 9am to 4:30 pm (sign-in begins at 8:30am)
- Kingston – February 28, 9am to 4:30 pm (sign-in begins at 8:30am)
- Guelph – March 7, 9am to 4:30 pm (sign-in begins at 8:30am)
- Toronto – March 18, 9am to 4:30 pm (sign-in begins at 8:30am)
- Windsor – March 22, 9am to 4:30 pm (sign-in begins at 8:30am)
- Online Webex – March 27, 9am to 2pm
Please note the following:
- Morning coffee and tea will be provided
- Lunch will not be provided. There are restaurants near the venue.
- Attendance will be restricted to two (2) representatives per facility, unless additional space is available.
- Deadline for registration is two (2) business days before the date of the session.
- Supporting materials will be emailed to you once you have registered. Materials will not be provided at the session.
Topics to be covered
Toxic Substance Accounting
• Breakdown of a Facility Operation
• Process Flow Diagrams
• Best Available Method or Combination of Methods
• Tracking and Quantification
• Input/Output Balance
Toxic Substance Reporting
• Facility Wide Amounts (Accounting at Facility Level)
• Submitting Reports to the Ministry (Single Window Screen Shots)
• Making Reports Available on the Internet
If you would like to attend one of these sessions, please register at your earliest convenience as space is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. To register, email email@example.com and indicate:
- Your name, organization and contact information
- The sector to which your facility belongs
- The session you plan to attend
After registering you will receive a confirmation email with information regarding venues and materials. If, after receiving your confirmation email, you find that you are unable to attend, contact us and let us know. If you have questions, please call Ana Tinta at (416) 327-9716, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions concerning the Toxics Reduction Act, 2009 and O. Reg. 455/09, contact us through the Public Information Centre, email: email@example.com, fax: 416-325-3159, or telephone: 416-325-4000 or 1-800-565-4923.